Daniel Farke makes new transfer admission after latest confirmed Leeds United deal
Daniel Farke hopes Leeds United are not finished in the summer transfer window just yet.
The Whites confirmed their fourth signing of the window on Wednesday as Nico Elvedi joined from Borussia Monchengladbach.
Elvedi's arrival was announced less than an hour after it was confirmed Sebastiaan Bornauw had joined Hamburg on an initial loan.
He follows Tarik Muharemovic, Harry Wilson and James Trafford in arriving at Elland Road this summer.
Leeds have so far spent around £87.5million, which is offset slightly by the exits of Joe Gelhardt, Pascal Struijk and Isaac Schmidt.
Excitement is well and truly building around West Yorkshire for the upcoming season, with more new faces not yet being ruled out.
What has Daniel Farke said about Leeds' transfer business?
Rewind 12 months ago and there were serious questions over how long Farke would remain in the Leeds job.
It is fair to say there are no doubts heading into Saturday's Premier League opener against Nottingham Forest at the City Ground.
Even accounting for the losses of Karl Darlow and Struijk, Leeds are stronger now than they were at the end of last season.
And Farke certainly has no complaints about Leeds' business to date, with a little under two weeks of the window still to go.
"I’m very happy with our transfer window so far. I think we’ve done excellent pieces of business," Farke said at Thursday's press conference.
Asked specifically about the latest of those signings, Elvedi, Farke said: "I don’t have too much to say about Nico – his CV speaks for itself.
"Eleven years for one club says a lot about him as a person - 320 Bundesliga games, 15 Champions League games, 75 Switzerland games.
“He played in the World Cup quarter-final with Switzerland and looked rock solid. He defended each and every striker at the World Cup on the top level.”
However, that is not to say Farke is not after even more.
Could there be more transfer business at Leeds?
Farke added that, while he is happy with his side's business up to now, he will "push until the last day to get the best possible squad".
The German is ambitious and he would clearly like at least one more new face through the door before the deadline on 1 September.
Chelsea's Liam Delap continues to be linked with Leeds, who could do with another back-up to Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
The good news is that Leeds do not need to get desperate, knowing that what Farke has to work with will surely be enough to stay up at the very least.
