Peter Rutzler shares major Fulham-Carvalho contract update
Leeds United were linked with yet another raid on Fulham and their brightest talents this summer.
After signing Cody Drameh last year, the Daily Mail has reported that Fabio Carvalho is next on the shortlist.
It is reported that the 18-year-old sensation is stalling contract talks and has sparked the interest of the Whites and West Ham.
Peter Rutzler of the Athletic has shared a major update on the situation, and it wasn’t exactly positive for those chasing his services.
Writing in an Athletic Q&A, the journalist suggested that alarm bells aren’t ringing at Craven Cottage as of yet.
“Still looking into this,” he said.
“So far I’ve no reason to doubt he turned down an initial offer (but can’t confirm it yet, should find out more this week).
“However, the feedback I’ve got so far suggests talks are ongoing and remain positive. Wouldn’t be ringing alarm bells just yet.”
It looks as though a mountain has been made of a molehill, and Carvalho potentially rejecting a new deal has been made into him looking for an exit.
The 18-year-old started for the Cottagers in their Championship opener against Middlesbrough yesterday and played a shining role in the 1-1 draw.
Marco Silva has promised younger players minutes in London since arriving, and he proved that in that clash on Sunday.
Leeds are working on building one of the best academies in England, and numerous signings are being made every single year.
Carvalho would likely want first-team football though after breaking through at Craven Cottage, especially after scoring his first Premier League goal last season.
It looks unlikely to happen at this stage though, with the odds looking in Fulham’s favour as things stand this week.
As we know though, things can change very quickly.
In other Leeds United news, Phil Hay shares what he’s been told about Whites signing attacker before deadline