By David Woods

6th Jun, 2020 | 11:36am

'That's been going around' – National journalist reacts to latest QSI-Leeds takeover claim

Sun journalist Alan Nixon has commented on the latest QSI-Leeds United takeover rumours that hit the internet last week. 

The story came from a PSG fan who said that QSI had agreed to buy 49% of Leeds, which could rise to 75% once Leeds are promoted.

That would see a full takeover from Andrea Radrizzani.

The story also talked about a sponsorship deal with Qatar Airways and a partnership with PSG to develop young players.

Nixon responded to the story saying, “That’s been going around for some time”.

He went on to add that Leeds are “only really bothered with rest of season at the moment.”

Leeds fans might have 95% of their focus on the remaining nine games this season and winning promotion back to the Premier League for the first time in 16 years.

However, the remaining 5% is on the future (hopefully) in the top-flight and the QSI story has been a persistent one.

Radrizzani himself has talked on the record about QSI and the impact that their investment could have on the club.

More recently he talked about the possibility of a partnership – but only when Leeds are in the Premier League.

Nixon’s comments are interesting. He claims he’s heard the rumours that are swirling round but has said nothing will happen until Leeds are promoted.

That makes sense – that’s when Radrizzani can realise the true value of a club that he’s invested a lot of money into.

For Leeds fans, getting the club back in the Premier League is the Holy Grail. For Radrizzani, it’s also the key to unlocking a fortune that he gambled on being able to realise.

After everything he’s done for the club we think he’ll have earned his money.

In other Leeds United news, Major boost for Leeds promotion bid as EFL delivers critical Saturday update